巨匠美語評價-加強英文聽力

巨匠美語評價-英文聽力訓練,到星巴克來一趟咖啡冒險吧!

Jane/巨匠美語評價優質紀錄

很多人都想知道學英語有什麼途徑,其中一個就是看CNN學英語來做英文聽力訓練,在網友認為巨匠美語評價非常高的影音學美語,就有這麼一則是在講星巴克如何從咖啡大廠突破自己,讓自己能夠在創高峰的過程,讓我們看看下列的句型並增強自己的英文聽力吧。

巨匠美語評價-英文聽力訓練

 

星巴克自西雅圖發源地拓展新事業體

Starbucks will launch its latest venture, and the doors open tomorrow.

星巴克即將推出其最新的事業體,而且明天就要開張了。

It will allow the earthy aroma coffees of Brezza Blend and all these others — the exotic coffees — to waft through the streets of Seattle,

這個事業體將會讓夏日微風綜合咖啡以及其他各種異國咖啡的大地芬芳飄散在西雅圖的街道。

where, of course, the company started and which is its headquarters and home.

當然啦,西雅圖正是這家公司的起源地,也是總部所在地,更是它的家鄉。

But, this [is] no ordinary Starbucks.

不過,這可不是尋常的星巴克。

Shane, still waiting for your coffee, capped with skim milk!

尚恩,還在等你的咖啡吧,加了脫脂牛奶喔!

With the iconic green logo nowhere in sight and whizzing and whirling tubes carrying beans to and fro,

這裡四處都看不到那個經典的綠色商標,只有一根根管子快速蜿蜒地來回輸送著咖啡豆,

it’s all part of chief exec Howard Schultz’s ambitious plans.

這一切都出自執行長霍華.蕭茲充滿野心的計畫。

He wants to double the company’s revenues in five years’ time.

他想要在五年的時間裡讓公司的營收成長一倍。

The problem is, how do you double company’s revenues when you’ve got a shop just about on every corner in every city in every part of the world?

問題是,你已經差不多在世界上每個地區、每座城市的每個街角都開了店,要怎麼讓公司的營收加倍呢?

Poppy Harlow asked him.

帕比.哈洛問了他。

巨匠美語評價-英文聽力

 

從咖啡冒險工廠再出發

Is this the new Starbucks?

這是新的星巴克嗎?

This is not the new Starbucks, but I would say in our 43-year history, this is as historic [a] moment

這不是新的星巴克,但我會說,在我們四十三年的歷史中,這應該是個深具歷史意義的一刻,

as there possibly could be in opening up this roastery and this majestic place that will take our customers on a magical carpet ride.

成立了這間烘焙室以及這個宏偉的地方,將可帶著我們的顧客踏上一場魔法飛毯之旅。

You called this the Willy Wonka of coffee.

你把這個地方稱為咖啡冒險工廠。

I did. Let me tell you why.

沒錯。讓我告訴你為什麼。

Nine and a half years ago, I wrote in a journal, “Let’s create the Willy Wonka of coffee.”

九年半前,我在日誌裡寫道:「讓我們來創造咖啡冒險工廠吧。」

And what I wanted to try and do was create this multisensory experience with theater, romance, drama,

我想嘗試去做的,就是藉著戲劇效果、浪漫氣氛與驚人呈現,創造這種多重感官的體驗,

and have the coffee moving around and create a real roasting, manufacturing facility.

並且讓咖啡四處移動,打造出一座真正的烘焙與生產設施。

And we’ve done it.

我們現在確實做到了。

You’re gonna be able to come into this facility, and you can have multiple methods of how you want your coffee brewed.

你將能夠走進這座設施裡,有各種不同的方式來沖煮你想要的咖啡。

This is a great thing.

這是一件很棒的事情。

So, this is a blend of coffee — not a single varietal —

好的,這是一款綜合咖啡,不只有單一品種,

of Java, Guatemala and Colombia, called Pantheon, only created for this particular store.

是由爪哇、瓜地馬拉與哥倫比亞咖啡豆混合而成的,叫作「萬神殿」,是專為這家店配製的。

 

展望全世界的獨立咖啡館

Are you gonna make money on these? They’re big and fancy, and expensive.

你們要靠這賺錢嗎?這一切規模又大又華麗,而且造價昂貴。

Yeah. This is an expensive facility to build, but this is not a vanity play for the company or for me.

沒錯。這座設施的造價很昂貴,但這並不是為了滿足公司或者我個人虛榮心的做法。

This is a working roasting facility, and the coffee bar and the coffee facility will be profitable.

這是一座能夠實際運作的烘焙設施,裡面的咖啡吧台以及咖啡技術將會有所獲利。

巨匠美語評價-加強英文聽力

 

Fair to say this is your answer to those who say, “I don’t want Starbucks. They’re on every single corner. I want my independent coffee shop.”

平心而論,有人說:「我不要星巴克,每個街角都有星巴克。我要我的獨立咖啡館。」這算是你對那些人的回應吧。

Well, I think the independents have done a very good job.

我認為獨立咖啡館經營得非常好。

It’s not our answer to that, but it is the demonstration to the entire world that the quality and the integrity of Starbucks coffee,

這並不是我們對那種說法的回應,但我們要藉此向全世界展現,星巴克咖啡的品質與純度,

in my view and in the view of millions of people, is as good as any other coffee produced anywhere.

在我和其他數百萬人眼中,絲毫不遜於任何其他地方生產的咖啡。

 

創造絕妙的消費體驗

The coffee here [is] about 40 to 50 percent more expensive.

這裡的咖啡價格貴了約百分之四十至五十。

That’s probably true.

大概是這樣沒錯。

Do Americans want to learn about their coffee? Do they want to sit here and enjoy and take time?

美國民眾會想要瞭解自己喝的咖啡嗎?他們會想要坐在這裡,慢慢花時間享受嗎?

’cause don’t a lot of them just want to grab it and run?

因為他們很多人不是只是想要買了咖啡就走嗎?

I’ve talked for a year now about this seismic change

我針對這種重大變化至今已經討論了一年,

of consumer behavior changing and going away from bricks-and-mortar traditional retailer shopping to e-commerce and mobile.

包括消費者行為的改變,以及從傳統的實體零售購物方式轉向電子商務與行動消費。

In order to mitigate that, I think it’s incumbent on the responsibility of the retailer to create these fantastic experiences [that are] gonna sweep them away.

為了緩和那種發展,我認為零售商責無旁貸,應該創造這些令人驚豔的絕妙體驗。

 

在網友對巨匠美語評價非常高的影音學美語裡的CNN學英語中,我們可以知道,星巴克不只是在賣咖啡,更是以咖啡為出發點,讓顧客有更好的體驗!讓我們一起在大家一致認為巨匠美語評價非常高的影音學美語英文聽力訓練吧!

 

 

《來看其他學員怎麼說》巨匠美語評價故事

巨匠美語評價-從澳洲農場當台勞,到大堡礁當導遊

巨匠美語評價-學好英文竟是為了一圓逝去好友的夢

巨匠美語評價-想交歪果伴侶?分享勇敢暢談的學習經驗

巨匠美語評價-從pork park傻傻分不清楚,到專業兒童美語老師

巨匠美語評價-工作學業兩頭忙,36歲學員分享如何學好英文

About 巨匠美語